Finally, with your plan set up…
This is the sixth tip in my series “6 Easy Tips for a Successful Triathlon Training Year” which is also available in a FREE eBook at www.GearedUp.biz/ebooks/.
it’s time to put it into action and monitor your progress.
A training log or journal is a great idea! I’d suggest:
- The Total Triathlon Almanac (available on Amazon),
- The Triathlete’s Training Diary (also available on Amazon).
It serves as a window you can look through and/or back on accessing your plethora of training and racing experiences.
As you work toward your grand picture, monitor your progress with short-term and intermediate goals — remember to be flexible if you are not adapting to your program as expected or if something comes up that requires you to adjust your plans.
Training diaries record not only your successes but can also provide valuble insight and warnings signs to help stave off illness and injury.
Honest evaluation is an important quality of a successful athlete. Being able to make changes and still keep yourself on track is often required, even with the most thorough planning.
For more help and to ensure your triathlon training is on track, I recommend:
- “The Triathletes Training Bible” by Joel Friel,
- “Training Plans for Multisport Athletes” by Gale Bernhardt and
- “Triathlete Magazine’s Essential Week-by-Week Training Guide” by Matt Fitzgerald.
If you have any questions, or need any assistance, feel free to contact me, or download my free eBook “6 Easy Tips for a Successful Triathlon Training Year.”